Regulatory Compliance and Defence
Toronto Liquor Licence Act Lawyer
Our clients include restaurant and bar owners, manufacturers of alcohol, store owners with lottery sales, charitable organizations with interests in gaming, casinos, internet gaming operations owners, gaming suppliers and gaming assistants.
We are familiar and conversant in the relevant legislation in this area, including the: Liquor Licence Act; Gaming Control Act; Wine Content and Labelling Act; and Alcohol and Gaming Regulation and Public Protection Act.
We have assisted hundreds of businesses and business owners across Ontario with issues related to licensing and regulatory compliance. Many of our clients are in the food, beverage and gaming industries and we are acutely aware of the importance of these industries to our economy.
Our lawyers provide clients with the representation, advice and a plan of action that is only possible at Chand Snider.
- Acted for individuals and corporations submitting applications for new liquor licences, brew pub licences, manufacturers licences, transfers, increases in capacity, renewal, extension of hours, special occasion permits and catering endorsements.
- Acted for individuals and corporations with objections to liquor licence applications from the public and municipalities.
- Prepared responses to letters of incident from the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- Assisted and advised individuals and corporations in meetings with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario, public interest groups, municipal and law enforcement officials.
- Successfully resolved countless matters with the AGCO, municipal officials and public interest groups in respect of new, existing or proposed licenced establishments.
- Acted for individuals and corporations in respect of charges brought under Liquor Licence Act before the Provincial Offences Court.
- Acted for individuals and corporations in appeals of notice of proposals before the Licence Appeal Tribunal.
- Acted for individuals and corporations in the judicial review of decisions of the Licence Appeal Tribunal before the Divisional Court.
- Acted for gaming suppliers and gaming assistants in matters proceeding before the Licence Appeal Tribunal.
- Advised individuals, corporations and charities with interests in gaming and lotteries.
Getting a Liquor Licence in Ontario
Summary of 2011 Liquor Licence Act Changes